Ya, you read that right.
I’m thinking about marriage and all of the different things that make marriage work, and better than that, make it thrive. One of the (four) books I’m reading is Jim Burns book “Creating an Intimate Marriage.” It has great advice on affection, warmth, and affirmation, and how those things fuel a marriage (and how ultimately, it is our relationship with God that allows us to love each other the way He calls us to).
There is a fun section called “Flirt!” and he takes the following suggestions from Doug Fields book “100 Fun and Fabulous Ways to Flirt with your Spouse.” I don’t usually read books with titles such as this, since they seem to be trite and the suggestions often not-so-appealing. But I liked these few ideas, so read on and remember to flirt with your honey today 🙂
1. Write a love story about how you met and get it printed and bound (you can handwrite something like this, or do it digitally).
2. Whisper something romantic to your spouse in a crowded room.
3. Mail a love letter to your spouse at work (I loved this one!).
4. Remember to look in your spouse’s eyes when he/she tells you about his/her day.
5. Snuggle together on the sofa and reminisce through old photo albums.
On another note, we will be leaving for Fort Lauderdale on Friday afternoon, so our next blog post will definitely be about our fun family times! Keep an eye out for photos of our summer vacation!