The Smith's Blog »

Masthead header

38 weeks! 13 days to go! (w/ video)

Hey everyone in cyberland that reads our blog! This is Rich. Heather writes so many blog posts that you all probably don’t think I even know how to write. 🙂 Heather’s still in bed and I wanted to sneak on here to put on a fun video of us going to Lamaze class a couple of weeks ago. Heather is super cute in it!

I got a cool point-n-shoot camera for my b-day this year that’s waterproof, freezeproof, shockproof, and crushproof. “COOL!”, you say. Yes, yes, I know. The coolest thing about it is that it also does video. So every once in a while you’ll not only be able to see us in pics but also hear us also. That will be a nice change for our friends in California that haven’t even met us in person yet and also some of Heather’s old friends that haven’t seen her in a long time!

(you may want to hit the play button and then hit the “pause” button to let it load fully first for those people with a DSL connection)

Lamaze Video

If you watch this video, you HAVE to put a comment on how cute Heather looks!

• Becky - November 4, 2007 - 10:58 am

Hey guys!! I know this is the first time I hav posted a comment, but Heather, you are absolutely adorable pregnant!!! Good luck and can’t wait to see pics of Alana and the proud parents!!

• Pix - November 4, 2007 - 2:22 pm

Note to future viewers:
    Do not eat a banana while you listen to Rich and Heath talk about child birth in this video. You will feel sick afterwards!
    Love you guys. Heather, you know I think you are gorgeous. NOT CUTE. Amber Holritz, that goes for you too.

• Cami - November 4, 2007 - 8:30 pm

yes, heather is BEAUTIFUL, as always and alana is SOOOOOO CUTE as a button, as always (one day to be as beautiful as the mama!) nice videography guys–are you going to offer your joint skills for weddings?! how bout that vernix caseosa??? heather, i totally said the same thing…i think i’ll try to go natural, but maybe i’ll get an epidural. i waited til 5 centimeters, and then i was in heaven!!!! i would recommend waiting for 1 to 2 centimeters–hah!! the “throes of childbirth” are highly overrated! love you guys. can’t wait to see the next blog…it better not be an up close & personal video of alana coming out for the next lamaze class’ viewing pleasure!

• kathy - November 5, 2007 - 2:29 am

What a cute video!!! loved it!!! wow all that in one LONG day! we took Lamaze classes, hum, 25 years ago. Used it with all 3 kids (no meds–was I crazy?? go for it if you need it!) You are beautiful Heather and Rich you are going to be a great daddy! The baby belly is sooo cute!! Praying for you both as you head in the the final stretch of this pregnancy!!! You will be parents by Thanksgiving!! Wow what a great reason to celebrate!!!

• Nathan Holritz - November 5, 2007 - 12:24 pm

Awesome! You guys are going to do great!

• Rory and Lindsey Rodgers - November 18, 2007 - 6:19 pm

Ok so you can see how often I come online, but Heather you look amazing for being that far along! But I just have to tell you guys, our Lamaze classes were once a week for six weeks and EVERY week we had to watch a new birthing video. One video in particular, the “lady” in the picture was completely naked!!! It was the most awkward event in our lives. Even funnier, our instructor is a gal that goes to our church and her children are in our youth group. She announced before showing the video that it would be completely up to us if we wanted to have a gown on or not, and that the hospital does not force anyone to give birth completely naked! After watching your experience, I had to tell you ours:)

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

M o r e   i n f o